what do we believe?
Our basis of faith is that adopted by the Evangelical Alliance in the
United Kingdom and is as follows:
Evangelical Christians accept the revelation of the triune God given in
the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and confess the historic faith
of the Gospel therein set forth. They here assert doctrines that they regard
as crucial to the understanding of the faith, and which should issue in
mutual love, practical Christian service and evangelistic concern.
- The sovereignty and grace of God the Father, God the Son and God the
Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final
- The divine inspiration of the Holy Scripture and its consequent
entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of fallen man, making him subject
to God's wrath and condemnation.
- The substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God as the
sole all sufficient ground of redemption from the guilt and power of sin
and from its eternal consequences.
- The justification of the sinner solely by the grace of God through
faith in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
- The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of
God the Holy Spirit.
- The priesthood of all believers, who form the universal Church, the
Body of which Christ is the Head and which is committed by His command
to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world.
- The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus
Christ in power and glory.